Saturday, 12 April 2008

13 hours to go

I'm at home in bed, missing out on all the pasta parties, as I'm full up with cold and unable to breathe properly.
As Daddy Dobbo always says, "if I could spell fnerrgh, I'd write to you"!
(and I can't spell it, but it's supposed to be a full-up-snotty sound!!!!)

I did do a final 3 1/2 miler earlier, though, just really to "shake down" and check I'd re-laced my race-day trainers properly (don't want to be faffing about tightening and loosening tomorrow in the heavy traffic I'm anticipating for the first 4 or 5 miles).

Again, I'm just a little bit scared about the enormity of running a whole marathon. I'm sure I will feel sick to the stomach on the train to the start in the morning (just hope I can keep my porridge down, haha!), but by about the 3 mile marker I'm sure I'll be getting into the swing of things.

Good to see Villa hiting 6-0 today (even if it was ONLY Derby) to keep my spirits up.

Right, let's see if there's any good new films on the magic tellybox to take my mind off this for a bit.

Distance: 7 miles
Time: about an hour
Music: shuffling
Score: Mind Over Matter AFC 40 - 6 Dynamo Dobbo's Demons