Tuesday, 8 April 2008

The curse of my blog?

(Two gym sessions and a 5-miler have passed, unremarkably, since my last post. Didn't want to bother you!).

I'm not sure I should be running this far this close, but the nerves (and even more insomnia than usual) have set in now, so I had to.

The "curse" refers to the fact that a couple of things my eager readers (humour me on this one, okay??!) may remember me commenting on earlier in training.
1) The "lovely lady" on the 48-sheet poster advertising Rowan's bowling in Finsbury Park is no more. Well, she may still be alive, but her poster site has been replaced by a smart new swooshy scrolling thing which tells you the time and the temperate (always 5 degrees - I'm not sure about this function!), as well as what to buy and where to go
2) The Holloway Castle pub has had a (slight!) refurb, and has been renamed The Castle (perhaps I have readers within the vast Bass Taverns empire??!). Still has the same delusional picture, though...


Distance: 7 miles
Time: about an hour
Music: shuffling
Score: Mind Over Matter AFC 39 - 6 Dynamo Dobbo's Demons