988th woman. 629th in my age group (women 18-45). Not getting much better, is it??!
I started out really well, running the first 3 mile lap in 28 mins (=1 lap of Silverstone Grand Prix circuit - okay so messrs Alonso, Hamilton et al aren't exactly worried there...), and had clocked up 6.2 miles by the hour mark. Not much by some standards, but if I tell you I usually run 5 to 5.5 miles an hour, pleasingly faster...
But I had a nasty hamstring cramp at just over 10 miles, which was a complete bummer as I could have done mighty fine from that auspicious start.
Still, 2 hours 15 was 6 minutes under my previous 1/2 marathon PB. And I'm on course to get my marathon under 5 hours.
Bizarrely, I don't actually look too done in:
It IS pretty cool that I'm standing in the pit lane at Silverstone, though.
Distance: 13.2 mile
Time: 2 hours 15 mins
Music: Ben Folds Five, til the t'iPod gave up on me : (
Score: Mind Over Matter AFC 23 - 3 Dynamo Dobbo's Demons
