As anticipated, I woke up achey and fluey, feeling like the Sudafed advert (though I've not actually checked the mirror to see if I have red arrows drawing attention to my stuffy sinuses).
Now, I've been expecting this late marathon place to pop up, and so have been kind of training already (a bit like the preliminary rounds of the FA Cup, I guess!).Despite the aches and inability to breathe properly, there was NO way I was going to wuss out on Day One (proper).
Wanstead Park on a watery sunshine-y winter's lunchtime is always lovely, so seemed a fair choice. The first ten minutes were awful, but I was even quite enjoying it by about half way round. Surprisingly, my legs were fine. But then I guess I have hit 8 to 9 miles a couple of times in the past week or so...
Rest of the day: more medicine, bath, pyjamas, bed, televised sport!
Miles: 6.1 (23% of marathon distance)
Time: c. 1 hour
Music: none (damned flat iPod battery...)
Score: Mind Over Matter AFC 1-0 Dynamo Dobbo's Demons.
