Still, good preparation for running with aching legs, and what hitting "the wall" on the day might feel like. So I picked a location to inspire me: racing round the grounds of Knebworth House (just outside Stevenage) where I haven't been since this:
That's an old NME aerial shot of (one of the two) Oasis gig in August 1996. I was able to lap the fields with Oasis in my ears and memories of that amazing sunny Saturday afternoon in my head to take the pain away from my legs.
Afterwards, I sat at the top of that field in the sunshine, listening to 'Live Forever' on full blast, and doing warm-down stretches. Amazing.
I also managed, despite the pain in my legs, to finish only 4 mins over my 10k PB. That may (or may not!) mean some of this training is working.
Furthermore, I managed to beat the bloke dressed as a lion. Though he nearly beat me up after I pulled his tail in a deft overtaking manoeuvre... ; )
Distance: 10k (c. 6.2 miles)
Time: 1:03.25
Music: Oasis (what else?!)
Score: Mind Over Matter AFC 14 - 2 Dynamo Dobbo's Demons
